Eleven great quotes from a great man, Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
2. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
3. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
4. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
5. An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
6. A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
7. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
8. A lie cannot live.
9. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
10. To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.
11. Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?”
Do you have other favorites?
Laurie and Betsy