Happy Mothers Day (Photo credit: godserv)
A good fictional mom is hard to find. Here are our top eight. Can you guess who they are? We included a quote to help you.
1. Loving mother who teaches her son well and sacrifices her life for him when danger comes. She remains unnamed in the story.
“Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something wonderful just the same.”
2. Crusty adoptive mom who lives with her brother and takes in a young girl after hoping to take in a boy to help with the farm.
“Anne Shirley, I wouldn’t trade you for a dozen boys.”
3. Single mom writer who sacrifices her life for her babies leaving them in the care of a humble pig.
”It’s true, and I have to say what’s true.”
4. Nameless mom who crawls in her adult son’s bedroom window to rock him to sleep.
“I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.”
5. Loving mother and wife who loves her family and quilting and gardening. Sets a good example in prayer and love.
“When the TV is on all day without rest, Mama knows it’s too much, and Mama knows best.”
6. Tough woman who loves her husband and children while struggling to live the hard life on the prairie.
“This earthly life is a battle. If it isn’t one thing to contend with, it’s another. It always has been so, and it always will be. The sooner you make up your mind to that, the better off you are, and the more thankful for your pleasures.”
7. A devout woman who raises spiritual children with encouragement and love.
“Climb every mountain, ford every stream, follow every rainbow, till you find your dream.”
8. A strong, faithful mother raising four daughters while her husband is off at war.
“Our burdens are here, our road is before us, and the longing for goodness and happiness is the guide that leads us through many troubles and mistakes to the peace which is a true Celestial City.”
Did you get them all? Are there more?
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers: biological, adoptive, and spiritual,
Betsy and Laurie